Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Rec: Curried Red Lentil Soup with Chickpeas and Quinoa, from Closet Cooking.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #14731 at 1:51 pm on May 8, 2009
I made this last night and it was fabulous! I subbed a teaspoon of sriracha for the chile sauce, but made the recipe just as written. Very pretty, healthy and very tasty!
Curried Red Lentil Soup with Chickpeas and Quinoa by Closet Cooking
(makes 4-6 servings)
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup carrot (chopped)
1/2 cup celery (chopped)
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
1 tablespoon curry powder (or 1 tablespoon garam masala + 1 teaspoon turmeric)
1 cup red lentils
3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as sambal oelek)
1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 cup quinoa (cooked)
salt and pepper to taste
* cilantro (chopped)
* Greek style yogurt (or strained yogurt or sour cream)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the lentils, stock, tomatoes and chili sauce.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas and quinoa and warm them up.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve with a garnish of cilantro and a dollop of Greek style yogurt.
<a href="http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/Storehouse78/?action=view¤t=CurriedRedLentilSoupwithChickpeasan.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t159/Storehouse78/CurriedRedLentilSoupwithChickpeasan.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 14731. Rec: Curried Red Lentil Soup with Chickpeas and Quinoa, from Closet Cooking. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:51pm on 05/08/09 (6)
- Sounds really good Michael. Thanks! I'm always looking for tasty lentil and quinoa recipes and - Richard in Cincy - 2:08pm on 05/08/09
- Does look good, thanks Michael! [NT] - Nan - 3:58pm on 05/08/09
- Oh my gosh! I just warmed up what little was left from dinner last night. It just gets better!Wow. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:24pm on 05/08/09
- PS: I'm making another batch for the weekend. Who cares it's 105 outside! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:44pm on 05/08/09
- This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Michael. I plan on making this next week. [NT] - EvaN - 10:04am on 05/09/09
- Great picture! I have quinoa, and now have a fun rec to try. (I can't recall why I purchased it!) - barb_b - 9:07pm on 09/17/10