Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Heather_in_SF

LOVE these - (thanks Pat), Rec: Parmesan Baked Potatoes

Veteran Member
2806 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #5908 at 11:52 pm on Mar 1, 2007

hands down, the most delicious and different way to do russets, although the recipe calls for red potatoes. Pat from NoCal posted these and I've made them at least 6 times since... Judy originally posted them in the old swap.

Parmesan Baked Potatoes

6 tbsp butter, melted (Pat's note: I use slightly less)
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (Pat's notes: definitely at least double the cheese)
8 medium unpeeled red potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds), halved lengthwise
Patís optional: paprika and/or cayenne pepper
Judy - dash garlic powder

Pour butter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over butter. Place potatoes with cut side down over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400ļ for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 8 servings

Pat's notes: These are yummy. I really like at least doubling the cheese, so the potatoes develop a nice golden crust on the potatoes. A nice accompaniment to baked ham, green beans and sweet potato biscuits. Also goes nicely with roast cornish hens or roast chicken. I find that freshly grated Romano cheese or Asiago work too in place of the Parmesan. One of my favorite variations is to sprinkle a bit of paprika or cayenne pepper over the butter and before adding the cheese.....very good. You end up with potatoes that taste as though they've cooked around a roast, don't require any basting, are beautiful (serve brown side up), and you don't need more butter....they taste great.

Source: JudyW @ Gails

"Well-behaved women rarely make history."

LT Ulrich

Other messages in this thread: