Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Original (?) Moosewood Cookbook Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #9418 at 5:58 pm on Jan 15, 2008
[Mar's Note: Once again (how surprising!) I can't find a recipe I posted to Gail's. I found this one on the Internet and believe it's a version of the original.]
1 8" spaghetti squash
1 c. chopped onion
2 med. cloves crushed garlic
2 med. sized fresh tomatoes
1/2 lb fresh, sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1 c. cottage or ricotta cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp. basil
1 cup fine bread crumbs (preferably fresh)
butter or olive oil for saute
fresh grated parmesan for top
Preheat oven to 375
Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoope out seeds. Bake it, face-down, on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray for about 30 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork. Cook until handleable. Scoop out insides into large bowl.
While squash bakes, saute onions, garlic, salt, pepper, mushrooms, parsley, basil & thyme in butter or olive oil. When onions are soft, add tomatoes. Cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
Combine all ingredients except parmesan. Pour into 2 quart casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with parmesan.
Bake for 40 minutes, uncovered.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 9418. Can anybody give me the ins 'n' outs of using Spaghetti Squash as a spaghetti substitute? [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 5:25pm on 01/15/08 (6)
- I can supply some.... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:43pm on 01/15/08
- Original (?) Moosewood Cookbook Spaghetti Squash Casserole - MarilynFL - 5:58pm on 01/15/08
- this sounds Marrrrvelous. [NT] - AngAk - 6:26pm on 01/15/08
- Thank you, Marilyn. [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 6:59pm on 01/15/08
- REC: SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE FILLING - MoNJ - 8:14pm on 01/15/08
- This looks delicious. Thanks, Mo. [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 11:18pm on 01/15/08